Our Available Programmes (3 - 7 years old)
Based on the Jolly Phonics framework, VICTORIA CARLTON LITERACY PROGRAMME is a programme licensed from Australia. Curious Thoughts Academy is the only licensed centre in Singapore to carry both this programme and the Students at Risk Targeted Intervention (STAR) Programme (for kids with reading difficulties). Our programmes encompass all the multiple intelligences to teach phonics, reading, grammar, literature, writing and the “nuts and bolts” of English. We want our children to reach their highest academic potential and become lifelong lovers of the English language.
Check out what we do in class in the video below!
The literacy programme also:
- Improves oral language, speech and the confidence to speak clearly and coherently.
- Helps children develop appreciation of quality literature and develop deep comprehension skills.
- Helps children to be able to write coherently, descriptively and imaginatively.
- Improves their imaginations through a unique approach using visualisations specially written by Victoria.
- Fosters the growth of all the Eight Intelligences and promote thinking skills.
- Improves brain flexibility and development by engaging children in a unique set of exercises designed to stimulate specific learning areas of the brain. This program is based on 30 years of research and practical application.
Other Phonics Classes
New Jolly Phonics Classes opening on Sundays and Thursdays!
Teacher Khushbu is the latest addition to the Curious Thoughts family. She's a Certified Jolly Phonics Trainer. Read more about her here!
We focus on children from 2.5 to 7 years old and conduct the Bilbies, Koalas, Bandicoots and Echidnas curriculum according to Victoria Carlton's Learning Pathway. Find out more about each level in the link below.
How does Jolly Phonics work?
Jolly Phonics is a fun and child centred approach to teaching literacy through synthetic phonics, based on 30 years of research and practical application.
Our Phonics Classes (2.5 - 7 years old)
Venue: Curious Thoughts Academy@51 Waterloo Street, #03-06, Hedwig Classroom
Intermediate Phonics (4 - 6 years old)
Saturday, 2.30 - 3.45 pm OR Sunday, 1.30 - 2.45 pm
P1 Preparation Programme (5 - 6 years old)
Saturday, 9.00 - 10.15 am
Toddlers (18 mths - 2.5 years old)
Saturday, 9.30 - 10.45 am OR Sunday, 9.00 - 10.15 am
Basic Phonics (2.5 - 4 years old)
Saturday, 1.00 - 2.15 pm OR Sunday, 11.00- 12.15pm